- since 2007 full professor of Social Anthropology, Goethe-University Frankfurt/M.
- 1996–2006 assistant professor at University of Bayreuth, department of Social Anthropology
- 1995–1996 postdoctoral research fellow at Research Training Group intercultural relations in Africa / University of Bayreuth
- 1994 Ph.D. in Social Anthropology / Goethe-University, Frankfurt / M.
- 1989–1994 research fellow collaborative research program on culture and environment in the West African Savannah (SFB 268)
- 1984–1989 studied Social Anthropology, Archaeology and Biology at Goethe-University Frankfurt / M.
Research (project funding awarded externally)
- since 01/2015 »Municipal budget support in Togo«.
- since 10/2014 »Colostrum,« coordinated by Université Nice-Sophiapolis.
- since 04/2010 »Value and Equivalence,« Research Training Group (DFG-GRK 1576)
- 07/2006–06/2007 »Traders and Managers in Africa«
- 2003–06/2006 »Local consumption in a global context. Case studies in West Africa« (SFB 560)